Thursday, March 6, 2014

Reign




Reign

Though I maybe slightly embarrassed to admit it, the T.V. show Reign is one of my latest obsessions.  Yes you are thinking of the correct show. The one made for preteens on the CW.  I do not know why I constantly get pulled in to these meant for teens dramas, but I cannot help myself.  The plot line is a good one.  It is a historical fiction story of Mary Queen of Scots.  She was the young Scottish queen whose short life faced many challenges.  It is because of the show I became so intrigued by Mary’s life and began reading more into it.  The show does not accurately all the stories, just some of the general facts.  Additionally, on the show Mary and her ladies in waiting dress to beautifully modern to be an appropriate period piece.  Also, the love triangle between Mary and the king of France’s two sons seems a little extreme, but I enjoy it.  Think of it as Gossip Girl set in the 1500 and enjoy!


Vocabulary 
embarrassed – feeling of shame, feeling bad
obsessions – something that you cannot help but think about/ like
dramas – performances
challenges -  difficulty
modern – current day
period – a part of time that people can identify
extreme – not reasonable

Cloze Sentences
1.   The teacher said bringing 5 pencils to a test was a little ____________________________.
2.   I love the ____________________________ look of that house.
3.   We perform ____________________________ in school.
4.   I was ____________________________ to see my picture in the paper.
5.   My sisters ____________________________ is clothing.
6.   The Victorian ____________________________ was very interesting.

Grammar Lesson- Pronouns

§  Pronouns- are nouns that are used in place of proper nouns.
§  Examples-
o   Sally = She
o   The boy = he
o   the dog = it
o   Sally and Mark  = they
Activity
Directions: Replace the noun with the correct pronoun.

Nicholas bought a tie.  (  it    ,   he   )
Rick and Will went to the park. (    he    ,   they   )
The cat jumped on the chair.  (   they    ,     it    )
 
http://www.cwtv.com/shows/reign


No comments:

Post a Comment